Our assignment in Djibouti, framed within the “Programme Zéro Bidonville”, aims at delivering a strategic framework for future urban upgrading actions in Balbala North, a large township in Djbouti-City with major issues related to urban poverty, informal settlement and lack of urban services.
In November 2019, our team, led by Raffaele Gorjux and Elisa Maceratini, successfully carried out extensive site visits and surveys of the project area, followed by a two-day participatory workshop to assess the current situation of the project area.
The workshop was chaired by the Minister of Housing, Madame Amina Abdi Aden, and attended by many stakeholders; it allowed our team to collect essential information in order to define a complete and inclusive picture of the current situation in Balbala North.
- Urban Development in Uzbekistan Monday February 24th, 2020
- Beautification, landscape, and improvements to historical sites in Tajikistan Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Physical planning in Uganda. Monday February 10th, 2020
- A new Tourism Strategy and Action Plan for Saint Lucia. Friday January 31st, 2020
- Urban Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Monday January 20th, 2020